Welcome to my blog which follows my furniture restoration business. Please feel free to comment at the bottom of the post, and if you would like a response please leave your email address. you can also contact me directly at info@johnmarkpower.com. And by all means, if you like something please feel free to share it.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Completed Mahogany Tables and Elm Burl Bed

Below are a few photos of the tables and the bed I have been working on. Unfortunately, the day I was taking photos of the furniture was very windy, so I was unable to photograph the bed outside, where I like to take my final photos. Because of this, the photos of the bed are not that great, but it really turned out nice. Also, there are a couple of corrections on the bed. I think it falls into a category of furniture known as Second Empire. This was a period during the latter part of the 19th century that saw a resurgence of the Empire style and the mingling of it with other French styles. the marquetry bouquet on the foot board would not have been seen on an Empire bed, however it would be seen on a Second Empire bed. One other correction. the cross banding on the bed is Brazilian Tulipwood, A member of the Rosewood family, and not Satinwood. Now, on to the photos.

Here are three pictures of the two Mahogany end tables.


The following photo is of the bed completed and assembled.
Here is a close up of the foot board.
This photo shows the marquetry bouquet in the foot board.
Here is a photo of the mounted hardware on the headboard, followed by a close up photo of the Tulipwood cross banding.

1 comment:

  1. Wow…outstanding service and products to meet our office needs. I Love all and the colors you choose are perfect. I want this furniture for my new house. Thanks a lot for sharing
    Dressing Table In Chennai With Prices

    ReplyDelete